Skip to content

Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

73 results found

1. Allow me to assign card numbers

Right now the system automatically assigns card numbers based on the order students were put into the system. I would like to be able to assign the students card numbers in order to utilize more of the cards that I have already printed

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Jenn Kim responded

Hi friends!

You can assign Plickers card numbers to your students by dragging and dropping the card numbers to different student tiles.

Hope that helps!

2. Save poll results as a percent

Since many polls are tests or quizzes, we need to be able to save or at least copy and paste poll results for each student (i.e.. grades), such as 87% correct.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi friends,

By default, we display results in a percentage, but with Scoresheet, you can switch between viewing total correct and total percent correct for your results over multiple questions. Simply toggle the column by clicking on the dropdown arrow next to the % symbol to switch between them.

If you have questions about this, or a different version of this feature you’d like to see, let us know!

Team Plickers

3. Get more than one class

Have two classes on the app

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

If you sign in on the website, you’ll be able to see that you can create as many classes as you’d like from the “Classes” tab and that these will update to your mobile device as well.

Let us know if you have questions about this!

Team Plickers

4. Multi-question report

Originally posted as: I want to be able to create a report that shows all questions from one assessment so I don't have to look at each question separately.

2,123 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I disklike that that in live view when you choose show answer, it shows every one who answered correctly and who didnt.

I don't know what the solution is, but I don't like everyone in my class knowing how the other students did. I would like for there to be a way to anonymously display answers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

There are a number of ways to configure your Live View to prevent students from seeing what their peers answered:

- The default view merely puts a checkmark next to each student’s name to indicate that his/her answer has been scanned (it serves as a visual cue to let students know they can put their cards down).

- If you click on the “Reveal answer” button, it will indicate what each student answered - this should not be visible by default. If the button reads “Hide answer” instead, you should use that button to mask the student responses.

- The most popular way to review student responses without showing which student answered which letter is to click on the “Graph” tab to switch over to a bar graph. This by default will simply show a bar graph of the answer choices, but you can click on the “Reveal answer”…

6. 54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Plickers friends,

We have a way to print out your multiple question reports for your students (and for grading). It’s a lesser known feature of our Scoresheet.

To try this out, sign into your Plickers account, go to the “Reports” tab, then “Scoresheet.” From there, select the class you’d like a report for and the date of their quiz/assignment you’d like to see results for. Now, after your results have shown up, you can use the “Print reports for individual students” link on the left panel to print off the results. You’ll have a nice overview cover page with the class average and top 3 missed questions, and then there will be individual reports you can hand back to your students with their grades and answer choices.

Hope that helps!

Team Plickers

7. Import class lists from a spreadsheet.

Most schools store student data in spreadsheets/databases. It would be far easier for secondary schools to use Plickers if they could upload 'surname, forename, class' using a csv file. This is what is done for the majority of applications we use and it only takes a few minutes to set up all 1000 students.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi folks!

We actually do allow you to quickly add your class roster — simply copy-paste your list (from a spreadsheet, text file, or PDF) with the “Add Roster” button!

Happy teaching :)

Jenn

8. Allow more than 20 questions to be added to a plan at a time.

I tried to add 25 review questions to a class plan today when I noticed the first 5 were no longer in the list on my phone to be displayed. It would be very helpful to be able to plan more than 20 questions at a time.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi friends,

With the updates from the summer and fall on both Android and iOS, you should be able to see up to 100 questions in your Plickers queue. Hope that helps!

Jenn

9. Be able to see images on the data collection device

If you have numerous similar questions in your question bank, in order to choose the most appropriate one to use in a specific situation, it is important to see any accompanying diagram on your mobile device so you can quickly distinguish between the individual questions

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Directions on how to insert images. Does this include clip art?

I teach computer skills to primary age students (PK-1st). Having the ability to include clip art would be great. Are there directions on how to insert images? I couldn't find anything in the help section.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thank you for drawing this to our attention! We’ve updated our Help Center to include the steps to add an image!

Best,

Jenn

11. I would like to be able to purchase laminated copies of the Plicker cards!

I would like to be able to purchase the matte laminated cards on Amazon. Our school does not have the matte option and I think they would last longer!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add dates to forum posts

This might seem trivial - but can you please add dates to forum postings. I'm a newbie and would like to know when a status was revised (started / completed)
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Micki,

If you click on an idea in the forum, you should be able to see the posted date, along with the dates of all the comments for the idea. The dates just don’t preview on the “big list” since it looks like they’re ordered by most active or most recent. We’re using another service to support the forum and don’t have much control over the way things are displayed. Sorry about that!

Thank you for being active on our forum and advocating for transparency!

Jenn + Team Plickers

13. I would like to be able to have a HARD CARRIAGE RETURN in my questions.

If I could type instructions on one line and start the question on another line, it would help in formatting some questions...

For example, I type: "Solve the following equation: ½ ( 4x - 20 ) = -2x + 15"
    and when it displays, the equation is not all on the same line. A return would make it display correctly.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, hello!

We recently announced that you can now add an image to your question, but what you may not know is that we also enabled hard carriage return in the question body! Now you can also add multiple lines to your questions simply by pressing “enter”!

Hope that helps!

Jenn

14. Allow you to assign student names, but not show them in Live View

It would be helpful if you can assign the numbers to your class by name, but not have the names show in live preview (this is hard on kids who do not want others to know they got the answer wrong).

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Plickers Friends,

You’ve mentioned that you wanted the ability to hide students’ names in Live View.

We’ve added a button to hide the student response panel entirely and bring that back out when you want to review students’ answers (via the graph, etc). This is the button with the little arrow in a box next to the Full Screen button at the top of the Live View page. If you haven’t gotten a chance to check it out, please do so!

If you specifically wanted to show the card numbers’ response, but not the names, and still have the student response panel visible, please get the new idea rolling on the forum! We want to be sure to address your needs, but for now it seems that this “show/hide” student response button resolves most of the voters’ issues here.

Thanks!

Jenn

15. 220 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello friends!

As you may have noticed, we’ve added the “Question Queue” on the website that allows you to reorder your questions and sync the queue to your mobile app.

If you specifically would like a way to reorder questions from within the app, please start a new thread on our forum so we can have fresh votes for the feature for those who don’t find the website feature helpful.

Thank you for all of your input!

Jenn + Team Plickers

16. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Be able to insert pictures or graphs into the questions

Many subjects would benefit from the ability to add pictures or graphs into the questions. It would be SUPER easy to do if we could edit questions on the computer rather than on the app. We could simply copy and past info in. I teach geography and would like to put in a picture of a country and have them identify it. Or a math teacher would benefit from having graphs or charts in the questions. PLEASE make this happen!

1,105 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Plickers friends!

Thank you for helping us make this a reality for teachers everywhere with your amazing question examples, testing, and more!

Cheers,

Team Plickers

18. Organize questions

There needs to be an organization system for questions. It would be great to group them in folders by topics. For example, as an English teacher I could have questions sorted by folders for our various grammar units. Also, the idea of having quizzes with multiple questions would be useful and reduce clutter. For example, I wanted to poll my class with four or five grammar questions and had to create that many separate questions one at a time instead of having just one quiz.

It would also be great to re-use questions and/or folders in other classes.

1,555 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Folders are live! If you have other ideas about organizing your plickers questions beyond this feature, please start a new idea thread!

Thank you so much for all your help getting this feature off the ground!

Team Plickers

19. Allow for longer question lengths in the app

Is there a way to view longer questions for them to see without getting the "..." at the end from not having enough room? Am I doing something completely wrong? I am new to the application.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Plickers friends,

We’ve got a few updates for the iOS app underway now which should let you expand to see your full question in the app. We’ll be working on enabling full question previews on Android as well!

Stay tuned!

Jenn + Team Plickers

20. Plicker cards on Amazon

I just checked today and Amazon is out of them. Please send more!!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?